Advancement Administrative Assistant
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Advancement Assistant provides administrative support for the Executive VP of Advancement as well as members of the Advancement Leadership team.
Assist the Donor Relations Department in accomplishing their goals, including administrative and general office support. Work closely with the donor teams to provide support in areas such as daily activities and “special” projects. Maintain a general knowledge of Bible League International’s ministry including programs and available materials. Assist with personalizing annual donor reports.
- Assist Executive VP of Advancement by making appointments and arranging meetings; gathering relevant background information needed for meetings, review expense reports, and approve PTO for Executive VP’s direct reports.
- Support Donor Relations and Integrated Marketing teams in necessary administrative duties.
- Donor Relations Communication Duties:
- Obtain a working knowledge of the software application and process for capturing contact information made by Donor Relations Managers and Donor Relations Directors to Bible League International partners in the donor database. Research donor information as needed.
- Coordinate the outgoing mail process for the Donor Relations department as well as support the Advancement Services Manager with mail department for mass mailing projects.
- Maintain and organize electronic and paper files, which consist of all materials available for Donor Relations Managers and Directors for cultivating partners.
- Coordinate the work schedules and meetings for the Donor Relations Managers and take minutes at meetings.
- Submit expense reports for members of the Advancement Leadership team and Donor Relations Managers, as requested.
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested by Director of Partner Relations and Donor Relations Team.
- Maintain and organize the correct levels of collateral materials accessible in the resource room.
- Manage expense reports for the Integrated Marketing team members.
- Provide support to the Director of Integrated Marketing with routings of reports, proposals and channels as needed.
- Provide administrative support in the personalization and distribution of annual Year-end Major Donor Reports, in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing and Donor Relations teams.
- Manage the team calendars for PTO and Devotions and provide occasional proofreading assistance when required.
Responsible to: Director of Integrated Marketing & Communications, with direction from Director of Partner Relations, Integrated Marketing and Donor Relations team.
Provide administrative support in the personalization and distribution of annual Year-end Major Donor Reports, in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing and Donor Relations teams.
Manage the team calendars for PTO and Devotions and provide occasional proofreading assistance when required.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Must have a HS Diploma or Equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in providing administrative support; preferably with a Marketing or Fundraising team.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must keep a professional demeanor and have experience in handling matters with a high degree of maturity and confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and prioritize a variety of assignments with varying deadlines along with ability to work effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records and prepare clear and concise written reports. Accurate, efficient, and computer literate with word processing, spreadsheets, and database experience.
- Strong proficiency in English language usage, grammar and punctuation is required.
- Positive and servant-heart attitude, with ability to establish and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally.
Standards of Performance
- Must be able to contribute strongly to organizational culture, including spiritual leadership and encouragement, team-building, conflict management, having a pleasant and approachable manner, and participation in staff prayer or FOCUS meetings.
- Demonstrate consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
- Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
- In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League’s core values by:
- Showing belief that this ministry belongs to God.
- Understanding the importance that the world needs Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything else.
- Demonstrating integrity in all decisions and actions.
- Building strong relationships with colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors.
- Valuing and respecting all employees.
- Encouraging employees in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- Looking for ways to be innovative and adaptable so that Bible League International’s ministry can improve in efficiency and effectiveness.
Performance appraisal will be conducted after 90-days, 6 months and 12 months by the Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.