Business Analyst I
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
As a member of the Operations Systems Analysis team, this position is focused on improving ministry processes and championing our use of information (not just data). This information is to be derived from multiple data sources, with a concentration on P2I and the Data Warehouse (DW). Other data sources include, Microsoft’s Master Data Services (MDS), Microsoft’s Great Plains (GP), Excel and other sources still to be determined. This person will consistently add value to the ministry by proactively providing efficient, accurate, automated and actionable information to the business. This person will develop business intelligence solutions using tools such as SQL Report Builder, Excel, and Power BI. These solutions will analyze data which is presented in IT developed SQL views and Report Models.
- Business Analysis – Analyze business & ministry processes and information needs to identify the most efficient method for building a report product using the appropriate tool to meet their needs.
- Develop new reports to meet identified business needs and provide support and enhancements for existing reports.
- Collaborate and cooperate across organizational hierarchies to identify and implement business process improvements using BPMN to document changes.
- Develop, and troubleshoot complex T-SQL queries, views, and stored procedures. Implementation is performed by the IT group.
- Organize and maintain a library of BI Solutions (in three environments TEST, STAGE, and PROD) and support an appropriate security model around the library.
- Operations Ministry Measurement – Assist in the measurement of ministry efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing and reporting on measures of ministry efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate smaller process improvement efforts related to ministry efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gain a deep understanding of the DW and P2I applications and the business processes they support.
- Actively participate on the Data Governance Team.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including; report specifications, business process maps, and report model specifications.
- Adhere to IT change management practices and segregation of duties requirements.
- Maintain and support strict data confidentiality requirements (GDPR, PCI, and internal policies).
- Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all levels of staff at BLI’s multiple global locations (South and Southeast Asia, Europe/Africa, U.S., and Latin America).
- Perform projects and tasks as directed by the Sr. Director of Operations Systems Analysis.
Responsible to: Sr. Director of Operations Systems Analysis
- Ops Systems Analysis team members
- Global Operations team members
- Finance team members
- Data Governance Team
- Other project members as appropriate
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) from an accredited four-year University, a computer science or analytics field is preferred. Microsoft SQL analytics or BI Development certification is a plus. Will accept four years of business analysis experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3-4 years of experience as a BI Specialist using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or higher) with the ability to build and troubleshoot complex SQL views and stored procedures is preferred.
- 2 years using SQL Server Reporting Services (including Report Builder) version 2012 or higher and Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access with ODBC connection to SQL Server (no local data) and form design and Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (Power BI, Dashboard Designer, etc.)
- Skilled at gathering business requirements and translating them into delivered solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication skills.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.