This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The role of Communications Specialist is to gather, edit and disseminate information from all field related activities undertaken by the ministry partners of Bible League International within the South America region. The information to be gathered will be in the form of, but not limited to, stories, testimonies, photographs, audio and video recordings and media releases. Such information is to be provided in a timely manner in order to meet Bible League International’s global development objectives and the specific needs of funding partners.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also, take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
- Keep constant communication with partners across South America. Travel 3-4 times per year to visit designated partners and gather stories based on editorial calendar plans. Trips planned in collaboration with the Director of Content.
- Gather interviews, prayer points, photographs, audio recordings, and video clips from the field as required by the Director of Content.
- Stay abreast of campaigns or special emphases by funding partners and identify related activities for communication coverage.
- Provide real-time communications coverage (whenever possible) of natural disasters, political or religious events which have a direct impact upon BLI operations within the division.
- At instruction of Director of Content, complete miscellaneous projects for the Integrated Marketing team such as writing/editing.
- In consultation with partner field staff, assist in the coordination of visits from BLI staff, divisional staff or funding partners.
- Ensure that all BLI staff are updated on security matters within the region.
- Assist the Executive Director of LAM in preparation of all divisional media releases in relation to the region.
- Provide print-ready copy/reports on countries, projects, and events from within the region.
- Preview and edit all divisional communication material including half yearly field reports, annual field reports and Partner Project Summary Sheets for the region.
- Assist the Partner Relations Director for Latin America with other matters consistent with the role.
- Assist BLI staff with the Ministry Evaluation Data Gathering program.
- Attend any international meetings required specific to the role.
Reports to: Director of Content
Collaborates with: Other Communications Specialists within the Latin America Division, US, Development/Advancement, and other Divisional Communications Specialists.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Must also be enthused by the Bible League Statement of Faith, our Mission, and our Value Statements.
- Should have cross-cultural experience, be passionately committed to evangelism and have an appreciation for people and culture.
- Should possess administrative skills and have experience in the use of video and in photography.
- Should have an understanding of the essentials elements that make up a good testimony or story and have the capacity to provide stories, testimonies, videos and photographs to meet the needs of Advancement and the funding partners.
- Should have strong and effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be knowledgeable with an interest in and awareness of the present political, social and economic situation across South America.
- Should be a goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working without supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively taking up to 10 trips annually, involving a total of 75 – 100 travel days per year.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional development of our employees. We are also Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying public service employer. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion because we feel it enriches us as an organization and reflects God’s love. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.