This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
The Data Management Specialist – part of the Scripture Engagement team within Bible League International – supports the global Partnership Leadership Team (PLT) by facilitating the collection, administration, management, analysis and distribution of information necessary for mission-critical decisions and both internal and external communication. This role is focused on monitoring and improving the quality of data necessary for effective project management, communication, and decision-making.
- Manages both internal organizational data and assigned external data sources, including: digital downloads on the Bible League International website, digital downloads for Bible League International Scripture resources through Firebase (for Google analytics), digital downloads on the Apple Store, digital downloads on YouVersion, digital download on Bible Gateway, and licensing utilization numbers.
- Serves as a data specialist within the organization and a key person for data-related tasks and questions. Serves as the interface between the Scripture Engagement Team, the Data Strategy Team, and the IT department.
- Coordinates necessary structure and communication to ensure data security, data quality and timely data reporting to organizational stakeholders.
- Shares responsibility with other assigned colleagues from different departments (e.g.: IT, Finance) for the Data-Warehouse (data production, administration/filing/storage).
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes data based on predefined indicators and provides outcomes to organizational stakeholders.
- Participates in project planning and evaluation every three-month cycle according to the scheduling and priorities set by the Partnership Leadership Team.
- Research available data as well as the usability of external data sources; how to include these in reporting and systems. Ongoing research on best practices and improvements for data alignment, collection, management, and reporting. Advice on relevant key performance indicators.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data using tools as Power BI, SQL reports, MS Excel, etc.
- Build and maintain data analytics, dashboards, and reports.
- Coordinate with the Partnership, Regional, Publishing, Translation, and Advancement teams in order to collect and retrieve relevant information necessary for communication and decision-making by key organizational stakeholders.
- Review of reports created by Marketing and other departments; double-checking program numbers and spot other inconsistencies.
- Applications Development & Quality Assurance: Under the direction of the VP of Partnership Development, develop and support business processes and applications used for the curation and analysis of vital mission information.
- Support the development and use of partnership CRM system, agile project management, and P2I data management systems and processes.
- Backup administration of the application(s) specific to Scripture Engagement. This includes configuration, troubleshooting, and issue management.
- Use of defined UAT test scripts to test new or revised applications
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible to: VP of Partnership Development with a matrixed relationship with the VP of Partnership Engagement
Collaborates with: Partnership Relations Directors, Regional Units, Marketing & Communications, Finance & Operations Systems Specialist, IT Applications Development staff, Publishing, and Translation Services
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Associates degree in Business Management/ Management Information Systems or equivalent in years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Power BI and analytics required.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, problem-solving, and oral & written communication skills.
- Accuracy and efficiency are critical.
- Computer experience includes MS Office applications and database report writing. Quick and efficient typing skills. Capabilities to effectively work with the IT Department in developing and maintaining internal databases.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools including PowerBI and SQL report writer.
- Should have the ability to make informed decisions and judgments, and handle matters with confidentiality where necessary.
- Should be flexible and open to new growth opportunities.
- Able to work independently.
- Required to be available to travel twice a year to visit (ministry) partners.
Standards of Performance
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional development of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.