The Finance & Inventory specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and Inventory activities. Maintaining accurate financial records for the Kenya office. She/He will ensure that all financial activities are carried out in line with Bible League’s Processes and procedures/policies. This person will also be responsible for coordinating the accounting/finance activities to ensure that we are collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting meaningful and relevant financial information.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
1. Maintain an accurate and up-to-date file of correspondence, financial and Inventory transactions, reports, and other materials coming to or going from the regional office.
2. Liaise between the divisional office and to ensure successful procurement of Scriptures. This includes review and analysis of inventory and delivery logistics.
3. Oversee and manage internal control in:
4. Oversee and manage the fiscal year accounting cycle: analyzing business documents, determine appropriate account coding, maintaining accounting books and records (journalizing and posting transactions; preparing trial balances), and producing monthly financial reports.
5. Provide regular and timely financial information required by management to plan and control the financial activity.
6. Operate the accounting/Inventory system, review and improve the accounting principles and procedures therein in the light of changing circumstances.
7. Assist and participate in the budgeting process – maintain the budget throughout the fiscal year and provide regular budget performance reports to leadership as directed.
8. Direct and manage the use of grants – both Cash and In-Kind.
9. Coordinate day to day administrative activities of the office.
Responsible to: Vice President of Partnership Development and National Director
Collaborates with: Kenya Ministry assistant and Ministry Coordinators
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.