This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Finance & Inventory specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and inventory activities as well as maintaining accurate financial records for the South African office. She/He will ensure that all financial activities are carried out in line with Bible League’s Processes, procedures, and policies. This person will also be responsible for coordinating the accounting and financial activities to ensure that collection, organization, analysis, and reporting is done in a meaningful way ensuring relevant financial information.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date file of correspondence, financial and inventory transactions, reports, and other materials coming to or going from the regional office.
- Liaise with the regional office to ensure successful procurement of Scriptures. This includes review and analysis of inventory and delivery logistics.
- Oversee and manage internal control in:
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and other generally accepted accounting requirements.
- Ensure that Bible League’s internal control policies and procedures are followed, and office activities are kept in line.
- Maintain appropriate records of fixed assets, receipts, payment vouchers, check stubs, and inventory.
- Ensure an appropriate paper-trail of transactions with all necessary supporting documents.
- Oversee and manage the fiscal year accounting cycle: analyzing business documents, determine appropriate account coding, maintaining accounting books and records (journalizing and posting transactions; preparing trial balances), and producing monthly financial reports.
- Provide regular and timely financial information required by management to plan and control the financial activity.
- Operate the accounting and inventory systems, review and improve the accounting principles and procedures therein in the light of changing circumstances.
- Assist and participate in the budgeting process – maintain the budget throughout the fiscal year and provide regular budget performance reports to leadership as directed.
- Direct and manage the use of grants – both Cash and In-Kind.
- Coordinate day to day administrative activities of the office.
- Carry out any other task requested by the National Director.
Reports to: Director Operations EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) and National Director.
Collaborates with: South African Ministry assistant, Ministry Coordinators, and Assistant Controller & Regional Manager EMEA.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Possess 2-3 years’ experience; formal study or training in accounting preferred. Minimum of Degree level.
- High attention to detail.
- Must understanding accounting concepts.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must possess a professional-level proficiency in English.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service.
- Must be able to communicate in a positive, professional, courteous, and discreet manner with staff and public.
- Must maintain an office atmosphere of dignity, integrity, and dedication to the ministry.
Standards of Performance
- Tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Relationships are harmonious and productive.
- In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.