Ministry Director, East Asia
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
We are seeking a Ministry Director to provide a senior support role to the Director for East Asia in the development, implementation and oversight of all field operations within the East Asia region. The Ministry Director will strive to maximize the impact of Bible League International programs, training and other initiatives as it serves the under-resourced church in East Asia. The position will be based in Hong Kong.
- Support the Director for East Asia at an executive level in the development, implementation and oversight of the field operations within East Asia.
- Provide assistance, encouragement, guidance and moral support to APACD partners in East Asia.
- Assist in the training of partners in the effective use of Bible League International (BLI) products and programs.
- Assist the Director for East Asia in the review of field operation methods and processes to maximize the efficient use of divisional resources.
- For BLI products and programs, provide logistical, implementation and ensure on-going support to partners.
- Ensure that field operations and operational partnerships are consistent with APACD’s policies, objectives and reporting standards.
- Assist the Director for East Asia with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual ministry reports for East Asia.
- Liaise closely with APACD’s Communications Specialists and provide assist, as required, in the gathering of suitable communications and fundraising materials. To this end, ensure that all partners provide regular reports on the impact of their ministry.
- Assist the Executive Director APACD with the oversight of the East Asia region at times when the Director for East Asia is on leave or unavailable.
- Assist other APACD team members as required.
- Perform other responsibilities as may be requested by the Director for East Asia.
- Travel as necessary within East Asia to undertake the duties referred to above.
- Reports directly to the Director for East Asia.
- Maintains a strong, supportive and fruitful relationship with the Hong Kong based team.
- Collaborates with the other members of the Asia Pacific Division Team.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Demonstrate a committed Christian lifestyle and a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Five plus years’ experience working for a Christian mission or ministry focussed organization who has a well-developed network of contacts among mainstream evangelical churches and other Christian organizations; specifically, within China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Must be enthused by the BLI’s Statement of Faith, Mission, and Value Statements.
- Possess cross-cultural sensitivity and coordination experience, with the ability to motivate and encourage people to accomplish ministry objectives.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to serving indigenous churches with an appreciation for the people and culture.
- Should possess proven senior management and administrative skills and have experience with managing budgets and program timelines to achieve targeted efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Should be a goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working at times without supervision, and who naturally takes a high degree of responsibility for the effective management of their time.
- Able to work within a small team environment and be able to supervise and direct junior team members.
- Must be a confident and effective communicator, with highly developed written, verbal and public speaking skills in English and in at least one other language spoken within East Asia. Fluency in both Mandarin and Cantonese will be viewed favorably.
- Qualifications and/or experience consistent with the role.
- Be knowledgeable with an interest in and awareness of the present political, social and economic situation in countries within East Asia.
- Must be a permanent resident of Hong Kong.
- A willingness and availability to undertake regional and overseas travel as required.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules, policies and guidelines.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Manage time to maximize effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrate a personal belief that the BLI ministry belongs to God.
- Understand the importance that the world needs God’s Word more than anything else.
- Value all BLI partners, including worldwide ministry partners, donor partners, staff, volunteers, and others.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is permanent full-time.
- The incumbent will work from the Hong Kong office.
- The remuneration is negotiable and will be reviewed annually.
- Leave entitlements (e.g. annual leave, personal/carer’s leave, compassionate leave, parental leave, community service leave and long service leave) will be paid in accordance with Hong Kong workplace laws.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by the direct supervisor.
As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.