This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Partner Relations Director South East Asia provides strategic leadership to BLI’s relationships and development with ministry partners. BLI and its ministry partners serve together in friendship and with a shared vision to engage everyone in God’s Word. The Partner Relations Director fosters healthy and growing partnership relationships and continued development focused on learning, Scripture engagement strategies, and an increasing missional impact. The Partner Relations Director will be required to mentor, develop and train leaders who make leaders and replicate ministry development strategies to ensure wider people reach and deeper people impact.
- Partner Relationships
- Frequent communication with assigned partners to pray, plan, collaborate, and discuss challenges or opportunities
- Ensure that relevant partner knowledge is recorded and shared in BLI’s CRM system
- Focus on building a solid trust relationship between partners and BLI
- Building strong relationships between different partners in the region with the aim of mutual motivation, learning from each other, development as well as camaraderie
- Updates to partners about relevant changes, and the focus and direction of BLI through the Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Strategic Initiatives.
- Strategic Planning & Management
- Lead three-monthly strategic, agile project planning cycle with assigned partners. This cycle includes the exploration of ministry opportunities, challenges, discuss action steps, decide on budget allocations, and agree on objectives, timelines, and evaluation metrics
- Ensure that all projects decisions are properly recorded in BLI’s agile project management system (P2I)
- Ensure that strategic conversations with partners follow appreciative inquiry principles, so strategic decisions are based positively on opportunities, strengths, and available resources
- Communicate resource needs for future potential projects, including training, Scripture engagement products, or other requirements
- Program/Impact Evaluation
- Lead three-monthly evaluation of projects to learn and make appropriate decisions to expand, pivot, or retire projects. This three-monthly evaluation will be informed and facilitated by appropriate key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Ensure that all projects discussions and assessments are appropriately recorded in BLI’s agile project management system (P2I)
- Review financial, impact, and other reports with partners to ensure that evaluation conversations are well informed by solid data and information provided by the Regional Unit
- Focus partner and project evaluations on learning and growth, rather than remediation
- Communicate with various BLI teams and ensure that learning is shared openly and appropriately across the organization to foster greater service to our partners and the audiences they serve
- Identify areas of training, education, or partnership development opportunities that BLI could encourage and implement for the partners
- Facilitate publishing and program strategies for the collection of meaningful feedback on BLI products, training, and services from partners and their Scripture Engagement audiences
- Lead and facilitate in collaboration with BLI’s Publisher a robust field review and feedback process to ensure that BLI’s Scripture engagement programs, products, and training provides positive and life affirming experiences for our intended audiences
- Ministry Partner Development
- Recognize opportunities with ministry partners to explore creative ideas or innovative solutions with the aim to improve BLI’s Scripture engagement training, products, processes, models, or platforms.
- Lead, encourage, and guide Ministry Partners in servant leadership skills through three monthly brainstorming, training sessions, and deeper investment. (leading volunteers, leadership skills, relationship building, problem-solving, teamwork and management, program follow-up etc.)
- Develop and maintain a sustainable program to extend ministry from “evangelism and scripture engagement” to “discipleship and retention” of trained participants. (What works in one country may not work in another country).
- Implement an intentional “pastoral care” program for trained CPT graduates and Philips, to ensure long term connection with the Ministry Partner and consistent growth in the availability of trained resources.
- Organizational Coordination/Collaboration
- In all partnership relationship activities, ensure strong and healthy coordination and collaboration with all teams, disciplines, and functions of BLI’s organization, primarily through the Regional Unit
- Facilitate and encourage open dialogue with the Communication Specialists to ensure a consistent flow of stories, testimonies, pictures, videos, prayer requests, and information to Advancement, Partnership Leadership Team, funding partners, and the Regional Unit
- Share and discuss the Ministry and Partnership Philosophies with partners to ensure mutual goals and understanding.
Responsible to: VP of Partnership Engagement
Responsible for: Assigned partners in South East Asia
Collaborates with: Controller & Regional Manager APAC, Publisher, Communication Specialists (APAC Regional Unit), funding partners, and other departments of Bible League International as required.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in a strategic leadership role (leading a diverse team toward common goals)
- Must possess intercultural leadership and management experience, with the capacity for building effective cross-cultural relationships that facilitate goal accomplishment.
- Must have permanent resident status in the country of residency.
- Must have a willingness and availability to undertake regional and overseas travel.
Standards of Performance
- Provide a servant-hearted approach to leadership that consistently values, supports, encourages and empowers both colleagues and ministry partners while demonstrating a humble reliance upon God.
- Comply with established organizational rules, policies, and guidelines.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Manage time to maximize effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 90 days and six months of a new position and annually thereafter by the manager. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.