Senior Administrative Assistant
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
To effectively manage the bi-weekly payroll process and provide oversight to the HRIS/Payroll system. This position will support the administrative functions in HR to include benefit administration, compensation, recruitment and onboarding, recognition, HR policies, HR metrics and reporting. The Payroll and HR Administrator/Analyst will work collaboratively with the HR team in various human resource responsibilities to establish an environment where Bible League International employees are engaged, thrive and are highly productive.
- Process bi-weekly payroll ensuring 100% accuracy and timeliness on this process and completing accurate reporting on a bi-weekly, quarterly and annual basis. Set up new state employment tax accounts as needed. Establish effective and ongoing relationship with our vendor, ADP.
- Handle all aspect of Bible League’s HRIS/Payroll system, ADP Workforce Now. Ensure employee and payroll data is accurate and updated. Provide ongoing reports and HR metric information to the HR team. Analyze and evaluate data as needed.
- Process monthly benefit invoices. Audit regularly to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the Recruitment process, including posting open positions on various job posting sites, setting up phone and in person interviews, arranging travel for candidates and coordinating team interview schedules
- Assist in new employee orientation and onboarding. Prepare new hire orientation binder and schedule. Ensure new employee’s work location is prepared and checklists are complete for their first day.
- Manage all aspects of the overall Salary Administration to include participating in bi-annual salary surveys, conducting job worth review and analysis and conducting an organization-wide salary grade review as needed. Ensure compensation practices are in alignment with BLI’s Pay Philosophy Statement.
- Manage Unemployment. Review unemployment notices, protesting any unwarranted applications. Process quarterly payments. Ensure that in all states where we have staff, Bible League is set up as a reimbursing employer.
- Work together with the HR team to communicate to employees and managers HR policies and updates. This will include reviewing and updating the Human Resources pages on the intranet and Bible League International’s employee handbook and Code of Conduct. Partner with our employment attorney, Mike Paull, as necessary.
- Keep HR sections of the intranet updated with employee policies, benefit information and manager resources.
- Process and follow-through on any Workers Compensation claims.
- Stay current on HR laws related to payroll and salary administration including updating any forms or employment posters as necessary.
- To perform other duties as requested by the Executive Vice President of Administration.
- Responsible for the administration of the 401k plan including employee enrollments, terminations and mid-year changes.
- Provide fiduciary compliance to the 401k plan by conducting year-end requirements testing, scheduling ongoing opportunities for staff education, and providing information as requested for the annual audit process.
- Establish effective and ongoing relationships with our 401K record-keeper, Principal Financial, as well as other vendors associated with the administration of our 401K plan.
- Support Bible League’s financial wellness program by monitoring usage of its financial wellness tool and implementing changes when appropriate.
- Provide administrative oversight to the new employee on-boarding program. This includes ensuring that new employees become acclimated to the main functions of the organization through the scheduling of onboarding sessions with various team leaders.
- Provide administrative support to our annual employee engagement survey. This includes tracking participation in the survey and pulling reports once the survey window is over.
- Collaborate with the HR team on the research, coordination, and scheduling of training for US Bible League International managers and employees. Conduct staff trainings as requested.
Responsible to: Executive Vice President of People and Culture.
Collaborates with: Human Resources team members, managers, and staff across the organization.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as Payroll Administrator, HR Specialist, HR Analyst, or similar role. Experience with HRIS and Payroll system, preferably experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting or related field is required.
- International Human Resource experience a plus.
- Earned PHR, SHRM-CP or applicable WorldatWork certification is required.
- Must be able to exhibit the flexibility necessary to manage numerous tasks simultaneously. Must exhibit strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate superb judgment and impeccable professional discretion.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and have experience handling matters with confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with HRIS systems a plus.
Standards of Performance
- Be at work regularly, avoiding tardiness.
- Perform duties with maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Work cooperatively with other people.
- Perform duties with confidentiality.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by the EVP of People and Culture.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.