This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
The Publishing Group Project Manager oversees the successful completion of all projects within the Group including all Scripture Engagement -related projects as well as the systematic process of translation projects maintaining the integrity of the Easy-to-Read ethos of the organization. This person will successfully set up and maintain a robust Project Management process using state of the art software as well as act as the administrator of all Scripture Engagement resource translation. This applicant will be expected to pay close attention to details while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
1. Create and maintain a robust Publishing Group Project Management system.
a. Is responsible to research and present a PM system that will cover all publishing projects beginning to end. Once presented and approved will create and maintain a fully functional, transparent, and visible PM system that has clear, defined, and dated workflow. The result will supply every team member with a view of the overall project, their part in the project and the deadline expectations for their part to be completed
b. Schedules and maintains all business aspects of translation projects according to organizational Scripture engagement strategy.
c. Communicates via e-mail and verbally with translators for whom English is a second language to resolve various translation-related issues.
2. Assists with the project management of Bible translation projects as they pertain to the Publishing Group.
a. Understands the processes and procedures necessary to track the progress of a translation project
b. Assists in the monthly tracking and report of Bible translation projects.
c. Ensures that translation deadlines are met.
d. Work successfully with the team of Translation Consultants and Independent Translators.
3. Oversees administrative functions of Scripture Engagement—related translation
a. Ensures timely payment to translators
b. Manages budget and forecasting for Scripture-related Translation Services under the direction of the VP of Publishing.
4. Collaborates with content development. Some responsibilities may include:
a. Guiding process for proof reading of new and revised products
b. Participating in an oral read-through of all content
c. Assists in Copy editing as possible and necessary
5. Perform other responsibilities, as requested by the VP of Publishing.
- Responsible to: VP of Publishing
- Collaborates with: The entire Publishing Group team, Translation Services Project coordinator, global field staff and partners as necessary
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required in such fields as Project Management, journalism, Christian education, or missiology; Master’s degree in Project Management related field preferred.
- Three-five years of related experience and/or training in such areas as project management, translation, curriculum development.
- Computer Skills: Para text, Acrobat, Word, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project Management software applications. Ability to apply software concepts from one program to another: problem-solving.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence with those whose first language is not English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Cross-cultural experience and traveling abroad a plus. Bilingual a plus.
Standards of Performance
1. Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
2. Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
3. Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
4. Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
5. In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Showing belief that this ministry belongs to God.
- Understanding the importance that the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything else.
- Displaying integrity as the foundation for all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrating accountability to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- Maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors as essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- Showing respect and value for colleagues.
- Encouraging colleagues in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- Looking for ways to be innovative and adaptable in order for Bible League International’s ministry to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by their manager.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.