This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Publishing Group Procurement, Logistics and Warehouse Supervisor participates and oversees the successful implementation of this department. Supervision of all aspects of purchasing, management and distribution of all Bibles and Scripture Engagement – related products. This involves working in collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics team and taking direct action in the successful running and moving of products through the warehouse.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
1. Procurement and Logistic Supervision:
- Supervise and collaborate with BLI’s procurement and logistics processes, including:
- Implementing and assessing effective and up to date processes and protocols for efficiencies
- Working with team to assessing demand for and when product is needed (including review of BLI-owned and partner inventory levels)
- Assessing vendor lead time and manage print delivery and shipping ETA’s
- Review and negotiate with team for optimal pricing
- Product SKU management
- Inventory control management with the team, including periodic stock counts
- Inspect and control product quality, presentation, and durability according to local needs
- Supervise and suggest options in transportation and shipping
- Rollout and monitor supply chain key performance indicators
2. Warehouse Supervision and participation:
- Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
- Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
- Participates in the receiving of all new inventory as it is delivered; inspects and stores it according to policy.
- Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse according to the WMS.
- Supervises and participates in the staging of inventory to trucks for distribution in a timely manner and according to schedule for domestic and global delivery.
- Conducts physical inventory, compares results to computerized inventory, and reconciles any differences.
- Replenishes stock and inventory as needed.
- Collaborates with other team members and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices.
- Assist management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures;
- Enforces operating instructions and safety policies.
- Resolves routine equipment issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Responsible to: VP of Publishing
Responsible for: Inventory Manager, Logistics Manager, and Shipper/Receiver
Collaborates with the Global Procurement team including Inventory manager, Logistics Manager and others as needed.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
2. School training in Business and Procurement, Logistics and Warehouse experience.
3. Three-five years of related experience and/or training in such areas required.
4. Computer Skills: Ability to apply software concepts from one program to another: problem-solving.
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
6. A working knowledge of:
- Inventory Management and Inventory management processes
- Procurement and Logistics
- Movement of product using a variety of distribution methods
- Warehouse operations, procedures, equipment and terminology
- How to operate a computer terminal and warehouse-related software while utilizing an integrated and automated warehouse management system (WMS)
- Work independently with little direction.
- Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures
- Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment
- Space utilization and inventory techniques
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies
- Health and safety regulations
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
7. Physical Demands:
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases
Standards of Performance
1. Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
2. Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
3. Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
4. Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League’s core values by:
- Showing belief that this ministry belongs to God.
- Understanding the importance that the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything else.
- Displaying integrity as the foundation for all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrating accountability to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- Maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors as essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- Showing respect and value for colleagues.
- Encouraging colleagues in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- Looking for ways to be innovative and adaptable for Bible League International’s ministry to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.