Senior Administrative Assistant
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Executive Vice-President of Advancement, Director of Integrated Marketing, as well as members of the Advancement Leadership team.
This role will also support our Donor Relations team in accomplishing their goals, including administrative support with daily activities, special projects and events. The person in this role will be expected to maintain a general knowledge of Bible League International’s ministry including programs, available marketing materials and assist with annual donor reports.
- Assist the EVP of Advancement by making appointments and arranging meetings; gathering relevant background information needed for meetings, review expense reports, and approve time off requests (PTO) for their direct reports.
- Assist with planning and execution of various fundraisers and events to raise awareness and obtain financial support.
- Support Donor Relations Team which includes: Donor Relations Managers, Donor Relations Directors, the Director of Partner Relations and Integrated Marketing teams in necessary administrative duties.
- Maintain good office procedures and practices placing appropriate priorities on time and schedules.
- Maintain communications direct report staff managed by the EVP, Advancement and Director of Integrated Marketing keeping advised of priorities, projects, travel schedules, appointments, meetings, reports, and follow-up correspondence.
- Work in a unified manner with the other BLI Senior Administrative Assistants and provide assistance as needed in their roles.
- Monitor executive leadership calendars, coordinate meetings, and send out meeting requests.
Donor Relations Team Duties
- Obtain a working knowledge of the software application and process for capturing contact information made by Donor Relations Managers and Donor Relations Directors (Donor Relations team) to Bible League International partners in the donor database. Research donor information as needed.
- Support the Advancement Project Manager with mass mailing projects for the Donor Relations team.
- Maintain and organize electronic and paper files, which consist of all materials available for Donor Relations Managers and Donor Relations Directors for cultivating partners.
- Coordinate the work schedules and meetings for the Donor Relations Managers and take minutes at meetings.
- Submit expense reports for members of the Advancement Leadership team and Donor Relations Managers, as requested.
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested by the Donor Relations Team.
- Work with the Advancement teams to organize events from conception to completion; arrange program schedules; manage on site logistics and technical services.
- Perform administrative duties including compilation of guest/attendance lists, establishing and monitoring event budgets and menus, and evaluating events upon completion
- Successfully coordinate events, meetings and fundraisers with volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate catering in accordance with the established budget with BLI Hospitality or venue.
- Identify and maximize methods to use budgeted funds efficiently; participate in the events as a host/greeter for local an out of state events when requested.
Integrated Marketing and Communication Duties
- Provide support to the Director of Integrated Marketing with routings of reports, proposals and channels as needed.
- Maintain and organize the correct levels of collateral marketing materials accessible in the resource room.
- Manage expense reports for the Integrated Marketing and Communication team members including: EVP of Advancement, Director of Partner Relations, Donor Relations Managers, Director of Digital Marketing, Senior Director of Broadcast Media and Director of Integrated Marketing.
- Provide administrative support in the personalization and distribution of annual Year-end Major Donor Reports, in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing and Donor Relations teams.
- Manage Integrated Marketing team calendars monthly for PTO, Devotions and provide occasional proofreading assistance for our Integrated Marketing team when required.
- Other duties as needed.
- Reports to: EVP, Advancement with direction from the Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications, Director of Partner Relations, Advancement leadership, Integrated Marketing team members and the Donor Relations team members.
- Working Relationships: Advancement staff and Senior Administrative Assistants within other teams.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in providing administrative support; preferably with a Marketing or Fundraising team.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must keep a professional demeanor and have experience in handling matters with a high degree of maturity and confidentiality. Should be able to represent BLI well with the public.
- Should be able to work well with people, including managing the activities of peers.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and prioritize a variety of assignments with varying deadlines along with ability to work effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records and prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Must be accurate, efficient, and computer literate with word processing, spreadsheets, and database experience.
- Strong proficiency in English language usage, grammar and punctuation is required.
- Positive and servant-heart attitude, with ability to establish and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally.
Standards of Performance
In all day-to-day responsibilities this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values by:
- Showing belief that this ministry belongs to God.
- Understanding the importance that the world needs God’s Word more than anything else.
- Valuing all partners of the Bible League’s ministry, including worldwide ministry partners, donor partners, staff, volunteers, and others.
- Interactions with staff reflect own daily walk in the Word.
- Displaying a high level of integrity in day-to-day responsibilities.
- Holding oneself and other staff accountable.
- Looking for ways to be innovative and adaptable for BLI’s ministry to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Looking for ways to be innovative and adaptable for the Bible League International’s ministry to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by their manager.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.