This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Senior Donor Relations Representative engages individual donors and business contacts for the support of Bible League International (BLI) ministry, utilizing God-honoring practices that encourage biblical stewardship. Primary communication is with donors via outbound calling, along with electronic and mail contacts. This position provides our donors opportunities to fulfill their stewardship passions as they fund the ministry programs of BLI.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
- Acknowledge and thank donors for their support of BLI.
- Connect with donors in a way that allows them to feel recognized and valued.
- Secure financial support for the work of BLI by engaging current and lapsed donors for retention and acquiring 2nd gifts from new donors.
- Help donors recognize and fulfill their role in stewarding God’s resources.
- Invite donors to have a greater impact with a monthly partnership.
- Highlight ministry and donor milestones to further engage donors.
- Provide upgraded giving level opportunities so more lives are transformed through God’s Word.
- Learn interests, preferences, concerns, and priorities of our donors.
- Document all donor connections in the CRM database.
- Maintain accurate information on donor accounts and update communication options.
- Charge credit card donations using encrypted device.
- Work with Advancement leadership to create new approaches to connect with donors and lead them into deeper levels of commitment.
- Meet or exceed the performance standards for connecting with donors, developing new donors, raising funds with appropriate gift asks, retaining and regaining donors.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by Director of Partner Services.
Reports to: Director of Partner Services
Working Relationship: Partner Services Team
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of successful fundraising experience for a nonprofit or charitable organization, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Knowledge and use of donor or sales databases.
- Must be trustworthy and able to handle all work in a confidential manner.
- Display humility and servant leadership with an exceptional ability to understand the passion and heart of the donor.
- Ability to discern and identify donor interest and capacity and present a vision of ministry that matches and raises those interests and capacity.
- Aptitude to cultivate partners that lead to increasing levels of interest, involvement, and investment with clear and direct requests for financial support.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Possess above average communication, persuasion, listening and presentation skills, understanding that it must be the Holy Spirit who moves the human heart.
- Must have a pleasant and outgoing demeanor and be a self-motivator.
- Tolerant of varying theological viewpoints, and able to view all believers as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Familiarity with the Bible and BLI programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and BLI’s internal systems such as Connect and Chorus.
Standards of Performance
- Regular and prompt in work attendance.
- All work must be done in an efficient and timely manner with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of accuracy is required for execution of all duties.
- Must be able to cooperate with others without constant supervision.
- Understand and execute BLI’s fundraising philosophy.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.