This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Senior Vice President of Information Technology and Data Strategy provides strategic direction and oversight in the areas of Applications & Programming, Security and Infrastructure, Technical Services and Data Strategy. The Sr VP of IT & DS collaborates, develops, and implements strategies for meaningful analysis and data-informed decision making, secure and mission-driven virtual engagement with end-users, donors and staff, and secure and service-oriented technical and application services. The Sr VP leads an integrated strategy that builds a united organizational data strategy among all departments of Bible League International. The Sr VP leads an integrated team of Information Technology serving staff and customers with an efficient, secure, and engaging digital experience.
- Plan, develop, and implement an organizational data strategy, including reporting, analysis, and data mining, serving strategic decision making and the communication of ministry impact internally and externally.
- Plan, develop, and implement an organizational IT strategy which supports, enables, and enhances the engagement of donors, end-users, and staff with the ministry.
- Lead the team in a unified approach so that all IT and data functions work together to enhance and accomplish organizational priorities.
- Promote and exemplify BLI’s core values and establish a culture of collaboration and service between IT/data strategy and other teams in the organization, nationally and internationally.
- Promote virtual strategies that allow for quality interaction and facilitates active presence and engagement in all areas of the ministry.
- Develop, lead, and manage Bible League International’s data strategy by management of the Business Analyst II and in collaboration with other data teams in the organization.
- Partner with the Sr director of IT as he leads and manages the Application and Programming team in a strategic development effort supporting organizational strategic priorities in Scripture, Donor, Staff, and Partner engagement.
- Partner with the Sr director of IT as he leads and manages the Technical Services team in facilitating staff and partners with tools of collaboration, productivity, and communication through assessment of their needs.
- Partner with the Sr director of IT as he leads and manages the Security and Infrastructure team in developing and maintaining a secure system and data network.
- Develop plans and budgets for the IT and Data Strategy department as well as partner with other departments in their planning and budgeting for technology
- Collaborate with the Sr VP of Publishing to understand, develop and implement digital Scripture engagement strategies. Support and co-develop online engagement and training of existing and new Scripture Engagement programs and products.
- Collaborate with the VP of Partnership Development to understand, develop, and implement global partner support regarding ministry impact and IT needs.
- Collaborate with the VP of Development Services and Director of Strategic Communications to understand, develop, and implement a flexible and responsive approach to our CRM data supporting the donor path.
- Be an organizational thought leader and facilitator of dialogue on data strategy and approaches.
- Learn and stay current on new technologies and digital developments, and initiate dialogue to how these may benefit the ministry.
- Provide continual training and team development initiatives for the IT and data strategy teams.
- Serve on Executive Leadership Team and organize effective meeting structures within areas of responsibility and other departments.
- Perform all other duties relevant to IT & Data Strategy and general management as they become necessary or as requested by the CEO.
- Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for: Sr Director of IT, Business Analyst II
- Collaborates with: Executive Leadership Team
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Data Strategy or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in information technology or business analysis, or related fields, preferably in non-profit organizations. Prior responsibility for all aspects of IT including the areas of infrastructure, technical services, software development, and data strategy a plus.
- Experience at a high level of organizational leadership including effective participation in leadership teams, facilitating teamwork, establishing work priorities, supervising management staff, establishing and managing planning processes, and creating and presenting reports.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate with various departments across the organization and build good rapport with internal stakeholders. Proven ability and affinity towards people and leadership development.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and transform data into meaningful and usable information to serve the organizational strategy and end user.
- Must be a goal-oriented person. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Commitment to teamwork and cooperative action.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate consistent attitude of cooperation.
- Works harmoniously with other people within and outside of Bible League International.
- Completion of duties in a prompt, efficient and accurate manner, avoiding tardiness.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 90 days and 6 months of a new position and annually thereafter by the CEO. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League International’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.