The Senior Vice President of Finance (SVPF) provides strategic direction and oversight in the areas of finance, accounting, internal controls, auditing, budgeting, and funding strategies. The SVPF collaborates with the Regional Managers & Controllers. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the SVPF will have a leading role in the responsibilities for all fiscal and fiduciary activities of the organization, including assisting the CEO in financial presentations and reports to the Board of Directors and Finance Committee. The SVPF leads a Finance team, including its global functions, which enables the ministry to use the God-given resources wisely and work efficiently and effectively. The SVPF will promote a culture of stewardship, servantship and innovation so that ministry is enabled and can flourish.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
1. Plan, develop and implement strategic Finance plans for the ministry that result in an effective and efficient finance and funding approach to all our activities in alignment with ministry plans observing BLI’s mission, vision, and philosophies.
2. Ensure that Finance and Funding plans align with BLI’s core values and philosophies and provide leadership in communication and coaching the philosophies to all staff at BLI.
3. Lead and manage a united Finance team consisting of Finance, Accounting, and dotted lines to the Regional Controller in an integrated global finance strategy to maximize the stewardship of the funds entrusted to BLI.
4. Establish a culture of collaboration and service within the Finance team and with all other teams nationally and globally.
5. Be a thought leader on Finance through seeking to recognize the movement of the Holy Spirt, by enabling global ministry to flourish, guided by Biblical stewardship, influenced by ministry leadership and other expertise within the ministry.
6. Gather, evaluate, and report on financial, economic and stewardship trends, issues and opportunities that might affect BLI’s strategy and make recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) with the purpose to advance the ministry.
7. Lead and manage the function of Finance in an integrated finance strategy ensuring effective audit programs, budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, grant accountability and essential financial services to the whole organization.
8. Lead and manage the function of accounting in an effective stewardship strategy of BLI’s accounting systems, policies and procedures, general ledger, cashflow management, accounts payable and other accounting functions.
9. Oversee the relationship with the Board’s Finance Committee:
a. Participate in Board (committee) meetings, communicate with the treasurer of the board/Finance Committee chairman, prepare and present financial, audit and budget reports to the Board.
b. Manage and report on the performance of the BL Foundation and its investments. Ensure that the Foundation complies with the policies and investment guidelines established by the finance committee and report to the Finance Committee of the Board. Present investment proposals to the Finance Committee for approval.
c. Collaborate with and member of the 401K committee on 401K plan design, investment, audit, administration, and reporting to the Finance Committee of the Board.
10. Promote a culture of stewardship of the resources God entrusted to BLI.
a. Co-lead with other ELT-members, an integrated funding strategy as a part of our operational plans, prioritizing ministry opportunities, funding needs and partner funding engagement.
b. Ensure the design and implementation of an easy to use budget and strategic planning process including the agile quarterly program allocation process.
c. Ensures the management of cashflow and expense forecasting as well as maintaining strategic banking and vendor relationships.
11. Create a culture of transparency and accountability.
a. Ensure strategic reporting for BLI’s internal organization and executive leadership, optimizing reporting rhythms to BLI’s agile planning cycle, and oversee appropriate board, staff, and partner financial dashboards.
b. Ensure external audit process is implemented throughout all BLI entities globally and collaborates with EVP of Advancement to report to the appropriate non-profit accountability partners like ECFA.
12. Support Global Compliance on matters of insurance, estate processing, the global (entity) compliance agenda, required state and federal registrations and other items arising in the collaboration with sr. director of global compliance.
13. Develop, implement, and promote, as part of BLI’s partnership engagement program, a plan to support our partners with Finance and Accounting training and resources so that they can steward their ministries locally.
14. Collaborate with Advancement to serve BLI’s donors through donor visits and communication. Develop understanding of how to best serve the donor in their questions about the stewardship and effectiveness of BLI’s ministry.
15. Other duties as assigned by the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Responsible to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: VP or Sr Director Finance, VP or Sr Director Accounting
1. Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
2. Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
3. Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
4. Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.