SSRS Report Writer/SQL Developer
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
As a member of the software development team, this position is focused on supporting our Microsoft SQL environment for various applications, with concentration on the CRM. The SSRS Report Writer / SQL Developer is primarily responsible for developing and supporting SQL objects, creating/maintaining reports, and modifying scripts. Additionally, this person will be motivated to optimize existing processes and enhance our business intelligence efforts.
- Develop, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain complex T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Ability to export, import, and transform data from SQL to other formats such as delimited raw/text file, Excel, and XML
- Support and develop SQL integrations between various applications (CRM, AQ2, P2I, and Dynamics GP).
- Organize and maintain a library of reports and SQL objects.
- Along with providing support and enhancements for existing reports, develop new reports as needed.
- Develop new processes and optimize existing processes and integrations, automating wherever appropriate.
- Gain a deep level of understanding of the CRM at a database level and add custom tables as required.
- Enhance business intelligence and analytics functionality.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Perform projects and tasks as directed by the Applications Development Manager.
Responsible to: Applications Development Manager
- IT team members
- CRM team members
- Other project members as appropriate
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- 3 years’ experience as a SQL developer utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or higher). Must have the ability to build tables and complex views, write complex T-SQL, write stored procedures, and setup proper indexing and relationships. Computer science degree or Microsoft SQL certification is a plus
- 2 years’ experience utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 2 years’ experience using Report Builder (3.0 or higher)
- Experience with the items listed below is desirable, but not required:
a. Donor Database or CRM experience
b. Microsoft Excel
c. SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
d. Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Dashboard Designer, etc)
- Skilled at gathering requirements and translate them into solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- Good oral and written communication skills
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules, policies, and procedures.
- Hours on the job, punctuality, attitude, and relationships with co-workers
- The ability to accept an assignment and see it through to completion with minimal supervision and high degree of accuracy Willingness to be flexible with priorities as they can change rapidly in our dynamic environment
- The ability to be a self-starter, to identify problems/weaknesses, and to take the initiative to implement corrective measures as is within one’s authority and responsibility
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly, completing tasks in a timely manner and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a positive outlook and work constructively under pressure. Respond resourcefully when challenges arise.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 90 days and 6 months of a new position and annually thereafter by the Applications Development Manager.Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.