Vice President for U.S. Church and Donor Relations
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
God is doing exciting work around the world through the ministry of Bible League International. In 2019, more than 2.1 million lives were impacted and 1800+ churches planted in nearly 50 countries through Bible League’s work. The new VP for US Church and Donor Relations will develop and implement strategies to engage more US churches and their members in this movement of God’s Spirit, leading teams relating to church leaders, donors, and volunteers.
The Vice President for U. S. Church and Donor Relations leads Bible League’s efforts to engage US Churches and their members in the Bible League movement – building a vibrant network of volunteers, donors, and advocates, and fostering the spread of Scripture Engagement ministries throughout the country and around the world. The VP leads teams working with church leaders, donors, and volunteers in conducting ministry, education and fundraising activities, and will help craft and implement strategies to expand this work nationally.
- Lead the Church and Donor Relations teams, providing strategy, guidance and oversight to their work engaging churches, volunteers, and significant donors in Bible League’s ministry. These teams include:
a. Donor Relations field team working primarily with major and executive donors
b. Donor Relations phone team working primarily with mid-level donors
c. Church Engagement team working with US Churches, denominations, and associations
d. Volunteer organizations including Bible League Volunteers and Bibles for Mission Thrift Centers
e. US Ministries team training and equipping leaders for BLI programs
- Design a seamless experience for churches, volunteers, and significant donors including a core set of funding and program offerings.
a. Work with Product Development team to adapt global products for U.S. Church use.
b. Work with Integrated Marketing team to develop proposals, reports, and related materials for mid, major, and executive level donors.
c. Work with Integrated Marketing, Digital, and Development Services teams to craft and/or adapt communications materials and touch points for churches, volunteers, and significant donors.
- Craft and implement a strategy to foster organic growth of Bible League’s ministry in the United States.
a. Oversee the development of networks with key churches and pastors, and church volunteers who will promote our ministry in the church and community; and promote Bible League International’s work through public speaking, social media, radio broadcast, and participating in relevant local and national events, conferences, and other platforms.
b. Develop long-term relationships with denomination leaders, pastors and other church leaders through personal interaction and strive to connect their interests with Bible League’s ministry. Serve as primary point person responsible for regular communication, education, program involvement and partnership opportunities with churches.
c. Present Bible League International ministry to churches through speaking opportunities at worship services and at church meetings and events.
d. Implement a moves management system to guide donors and churches along BLI’s engagement paths.
- Develop and implement systems to connect churches and donors to the individuals and communities being transformed by BLI ministries.
a. Work with Communications and Integrated Marketing teams to source and develop impact stories from global ministry partners.
b. Develop and implement vision trips that connect supporters with BLI’s work in the field.
c. Work with Scripture Engagement and Volunteers teams to bring Bible League global partners and ministry leaders to the US for conferences, retreats, and speaking engagements.
- Build and steward new and existing volunteer programs to underpin and extend BLI ministries.
a. Sustain and grow existing Bible League Volunteers and Bibles for Mission Thrift Center organizations.
b. Develop and grow BLI advocates movement to extend church engagement and US Ministry.
- Guide Donor Relations team in growing portfolios.
a. Develop and implement moves management approach to portfolio stewardship and growth.
b. Foster collaboration between Phone and Field teams and US Ministries team to better serve churches and donors in geographic territories.
- Build and guide US Ministries team and program.
a. Develop and implement a strategic and comprehensive Church relations plan with concrete tactics and goals to be achieved.
b. Promote the mission and vision of Bible League International in Church Networks, churches and other relevant platforms.
c. Manage and oversee all communications and reporting requirements for US Church Relations.
d. Direct and manage fiscal year planning, granting, and budgeting process for US ministries.
- Responsible to: Executive Vice President for Advancement
- Responsible for: Director of Church Engagement, Donor Relations Teams, US Ministries Team, Volunteer Ministries Coordinator.
- Collaborates with: Advancement Leadership Team and Executive Vice President of Operations.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the capacity to talk about his or her faith, and significant appreciation for and knowledge about the Bible. Must also subscribe to our corporate Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or relative degree. Theological degree is preferred.
- 5-8 years’ work experience in development of strong relationships / partnerships within large churches. Demonstrated track record of revenue generation, solicitation and within Christian churches and communities.
- 3-5 years’ experience at a high level of organizational leadership including effective participation in leadership teams, facilitating teamwork, establishing work priorities, supervising, establishing and managing priorities, and creating and presenting reports.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have a well-developed understanding of nonprofit fund-raising and its rationale that can be clearly articulated.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Must be a goal-oriented person with ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to manage a team effectively and create a positive work environment.
Standards of Performance
- Faithful work ethic, being accountable for time management through shared calendars and activity reports.
- Completion of duties in a prompt, efficient, and accurate manner.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 90 days and 6 months of a new position and annually thereafter by the President and Chief Executive Officer. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.