Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you, and you should always exercise caution whenever disclosing information online.
Bible League collects your personal information through securely encrypted webforms when you voluntarily submit such information through the Site. Personal information collected includes your contact information, such as name, address, email address and other information you submit through the Site. Bible League uses such information to:
- process online donations;
- provide donation receipts;
- fulfill requests for email subscriptions, such as e-News, Verse of the Day, Bible League International Action Report, and other information about Bible League;
- resolve customer service issues;
- provide you with information we think would be of particular interest; and
Bible League may collect financial information when you make a donation through the Site.
- If you make a donation with a credit card, your credit card information is sent through an encrypted form to Bible League’s credit card processor. At no point does Bible League directly have access to your credit card information.
- If you make a donation by bank transfer, your bank information is transmitted to Bible League through an encrypted web form. We will process your donation as requests and securely store your financial information.
When you make a donation, Bible League also receives your personal information. Your personal information will be processed in accordance with this Policy.
Aggregated Tracking Information
Bible League collects several types of aggregated tracking information on the Site, mainly by tracking page views to monitor visitor traffic patterns and Site usage to help us further develop and improve the content and design of the Site. This information includes but is not limited to: IP addresses (An IP address is the unique number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you log onto the Internet.), browser types, and page views. Bible League tracks this information in order to track movement throughout the Site to analyze trends and to improve the content and features to meet your needs. We may also collect your IP address to help diagnose problems with the server and to administer the Site.
Sharing of Information with Third-Parties
Bible League is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. However, we may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information externally with third-party vendors who assist us and other parties with promoting and marketing Bible League. These third-party vendors may also use this information to promote and market other organizations. Promotion and marketing may include donor research, management of donor databases, promotional mailings or other targeted promotions. Information shared may include your name, address, email address and transaction history. You may request at any time that we do not share your name, address or other information with these third parties.
Required Disclosure of Information
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal processes, such as search warrants or subpoenas. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information if we believe the information must be shared to:
- address technical problems or perform network maintenance;
- protect the rights, interest or property of Bible League;
- investigate reports of users sending material using a false email address, or of users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- protect against fraud, misuse or unauthorized use of our Site or ministry; or
- address emergencies, such as the risk of someone’s physical safety.
Links to External Web Sites
The Site is designed with physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect via the Site. Bible League takes reasonable precautions, such as encryption for all sensitive areas of the Site, including all online donations and contact forms.
However, even with such measures, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will be unable to bypass these safeguards and access the information you provide via the Site. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, please submit such questions through our Contact Us Form.
Credit Card Security
We understand the concerns you may have with using a credit card for online transactions. To relieve those concerns, we process your credit card transaction in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
If you no longer wish to receive communications, you may request removal from the contact lists by emailing your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the unsubscribe instructions included in all communications from Bible League. However, because Site notifications include important information about the Site, you cannot unsubscribe to these communications.
Sharing of Information Opt-Out
You may request that your information not be shared with third-parties by completing the Information Sharing Opt-Out Form.
You can correct or update your personal information by completing the Contact Information Form.