Accounts Payable Specialist
This is not just a job opportunity; this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Accounts Payable Specialist processes payment requests to companies, individuals, employees, translators, and Regional Unit offices on a weekly basis, then processes payments through a variety of forms such as physical check, electronic file and wire transfer, internet sites, and foreign currency trades. The Accounts Payable Specialist assigns general ledger codes and routes payment requests electronically for approval, monitors their timely return, and conducts final verification of all items per Bible League International policies and procedures.
The Accounts Payable Specialist maintains vendor records, balances vendor statements, and manages the processing of the monthly corporate credit card reconciliations, as well as assisting as needed with new employee accounting training, and process training for the ERP productivity program. The Accounts Payable Specialist is the back up for the Accounting Specialist.
The Accounts Payable Specialist serves as part of the Finance Team enabling others in the organization to fulfill their financial obligations to vendors and national staff in a timely manner, honoring internal processes, as well as government and audit standards. This person will maintain a high level of accountability and accuracy, while helping others in the organization to manage and understand their areas of responsibility.
- Process invoices, payment requests, credit memos, expense reimbursements, and purchase order receipts.
- Assign general ledger codes, process items through the ERP productivity program for approval, and monitor their timely return.
- Conduct final verification of all items per Bible League International policies and procedures.
- Process all items through the ERP.
- Resolve issues and follow-up on corrections as needed.
- Process corporate credit card reconciliations.
- Balance the control statement
- Retrieve and email individual credit card statements to employees and/or their expense delegates.
- Verify completed reconciliation reports in the ERP productivity program and transfer to the ERP for payment.
- Resolve issues and follow-up on corrections as needed.
- Create weekly payables batches in the ERP for physical checks, online payments, EFT deposits, and USD and foreign currency wire transfers.
- Create edit lists by batch and secure approval for all payables runs.
- Print physical checks, and PDF remittance copies for all other forms of payment.
- Verify against the batch edit lists and post.
- Make corrections if needed.
- Send online payments, create EFT transfer files, and input USD wire transfers and foreign currency trades on the appropriate bank websites.
- Research and resolve all issues related to accounts payable such as missing payments or invoices, general ledger account code adjustments, etc.
- Add and maintain Analytical Accounting codes in the ERP; monitor analytical accounting transactions in all ERP companies using the module, research transactions missing AA codes and process adjustments as needed.
- Monthly reconciliation of the Petty Cash, Accounts Payables, Pre-Paid Scripture, and Pre-Paid Expenses balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain and update the ERP productivity program, including routing policies, departments, non-inventory items, and user profiles.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable process manual
- Create ad hoc reports in the ERP productivity program and ERP as needed or requested.
- Process cash returns when employees or vendors reimburse BLI.
- Handle all vendor related items:
- Create and maintain information in the ERP
- Address, telephone numbers, company contacts
- EFT or USD foreign currency wire instructions
- Miscellaneous documentations such as W-9s, requests to change addresses or bank information, etc.
- Balance vendor statements
- Maintain wire instructions for USD and foreign currency beneficiaries on the bank websites.
- Provide Bible League International tax-exempt letters to vendors and staff as requested, monitor expiration dates, and work with Legal/Compliance as needed to manage the documents.
- Assist as needed with conducting new employee accounting training, and process training on the paperless productivity program.
- Provide information and data required for the annual organizational audit.
- Back up the Accounting Specialist as needed.
- Process general ledger entries in the ERP
- Reconcile checking accounts and process deposits
- Process monthly reconciliation reports
- Process payroll integration
- Perform other duties as requested.
Reports to: Accounting Operations Manager
Collaborates with: Finance Team, individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as auditors, vendors, and financial institutions.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent accounting experience required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Strong mathematical ability is required.
- Should possess excellent computer and organizational skills; must possess a solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and financial record management.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be detail-oriented, a good communicator, and able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with handling confidential matters.
Standards of Performance
- Faithful attendance, avoiding tardiness.
- Completion of duties in a prompt, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Work cooperatively with other people.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by their manager.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.