Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
The Donor Relations Director (DRD) located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Ohio Valley area builds and stewards meaningful and enduring relationships with Bible League International’s donors and other supporters (churches, organizations, corporations, non-profits, and volunteers) in order to raise support through contributions of funds, time, prayer and effort. The DRD typically works with donors with annual giving in the $10,000+ range, helping them grow in their commitment to supporting Bible League’s global ministry. The DRD collaborates with colleagues in the Donor Relations Team to plan and implement a holistic approach to existing and potential donors in an assigned territory. Through prayer, effective communication, and humble service, the DRD encourages the personal growth of the donor as a vital and essential partner in this Spirit-led movement to fulfill the Great Commission.
1. Connect and build relationships with new and established BLI supporters through meaningful conversations, ministry updates, compelling stories, and prayers which articulate effectively the vision, mission, identity, services and funding needs of Bible League International.
2. Solicit funds for Bible League’s global ministry through personal visits as the primary means of communication, as well as phone calls, notes, printed and electronic media.
3. Systematically ask questions to ensure that communications are in line with donors’ expectations. Make appropriate assessments of BLI’s supporters’ needs and areas of ministry interests.
4. Based on above mentioned assessments and in collaboration with various relevant departments of BLI (Marketing, Scripture Engagement, etc.) set and develop goals/strategy for a long-term relational engagement through personal interaction with BLI’s supporters using a “Moves Management” model
5. As a part of the Donor Relations team, actively participate in carrying out the Path to Full Engagement donor development steps:
6. Present Bible League’s ministry at churches through presentations, workshops, sermons, and other activities in order to raise awareness, minister to the local church, and develop new donor relationships.
7. Identify and follow-up on opportunities to present Bible League International to new potential donors to ensure growth in ministry support within the territory. Leverage current donors’ networks to locate prospective new supporters.
8. Focus on cultivating major level supporters with the capacity to give at $10,000 and above. Successfully retain their partnership and increase their giving levels.
9. Serve donors by informing, educating, and advising them, as appropriate, of stewardship principles, including estate planning opportunities. Inform donors of estate planning services offered by Bible League International, involving the office of Planned Giving as needed.
10. Participate in approved public events, conferences, marketing/PR, donor vision trips, and other opportunities to expand the donors’ connection to the mission and vision of Bible League International.
11. Stay up-to-date on BLI core programs, as well as marketing materials and current campaigns.
12. Be continually aware of religious, geo-political and global events and culture.
13. Cultivate referrals among churches for the purpose of implementing BLI’s core programs, and engaging the churches in volunteer as well as fund-raising opportunities
14. Execute timely and appropriate follow up with BLI supporters through “Thank-You” calls, notes, prayer calls, provision of relevant information, etc.
15. Document all donor interactions in the CRM system
16. Work well with other departments and be open to change as needed.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner. Have a powerful prayer life and be knowledgeable of Scripture
2. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, including fulfillment of essential responsibilities outside of the corporate office
3. Minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience for a nonprofit or charitable organization, or equivalent experience in a related Development role such as Development sales or territory management.
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
5. Understanding of fundraising as service and a stewardship ministry.
6. Experience working with Christians and churches in the evangelical community.
7. Displays humility and servant leadership with emotional intelligence and an exceptional ability to understand the passion and heart of the donor.
8. Displays aptitude in the core competencies necessary to fulfill the position:
9. Ability to work with great effectiveness with other fundraising colleagues and regional team members.
10. Above average communication, persuasion, listening and presentation skills, understanding that it must be the Holy Spirit who moves the human heart. The DRD must have a pleasant and outgoing demeanor, be a self-motivator, and present a neat, professional and appropriate appearance.
11. In order to build a regional territory it is essential that the DRD be able to follow-up on opportunities to present Bible League International to new potential donors.
12. DRD must articulate effectively the vision, mission to selected churches and individuals as well as approved foundations and businesses.
13. Tolerant of varying theological viewpoints, and able to view all believers as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Performance appraisal will be conducted at 90 days and six months and 12 months then annually thereafter by their manager.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.