This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Financial Analyst will provide assistance with the financial reporting and analysis of the Bible League International (BLI). Will work closely with the Finance team and other departments as necessary to assist them with financial decision making and help them to understand relevant financial data as it pertains to their areas of responsibility. The Financial Analyst will provide assistance in the development and reporting of the BLI annual budget & forecasts.
The Financial Analyst will provide timely, accurate, relevant, and understandable financial information.
This position is located in Crete, IL.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also, take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
1. Annual Planning and forecasting
- Assist with the annual planning and quarterly forecasting process ensuring accurate and timely submission of the annual budgets.
- Review & summarize budget amounts and supporting documentation.
- Assist Director of Global Finance with the Regional annual plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist Director of Global Finance with US and international audit processes.
- Support auditors and finance staff, both US and International, to make sure all required documentation and correspondence is provided.
3. Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare presentation materials and financial reports for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board using Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint.
- Analyze financial statements including budget variances & coordinate with managers on variance explanations.
- Assist Director of Global Finance with developing and implementing financial models to support the analysis of financial and operating activities.
4. Regulatory and Ministry Compliance
- Assist with the submission of reports for ECFA, CRCNA, EIG, & BLI Annual Report.
- Assist Development with benchmarking Bible League ministry metrics to do comparative analysis with like-minded organizations in the Ministry Watch database.
5. Donor Restrictions and Proposals
- Monitor Restricted Balance Reporting to ensure proper releasing of donor restrictions based on actual revenues and expenses.
- Assist with donor foundations and large proposals through financial analysis, detailed budget preparation and cost estimation.
- Provide data to keep the cost calculator tool in Power BI updated for donor proposals and reporting by analyzing regional costs per person reached and Scripture utilization.
6. Dockets & Allocation Journals
- Assist with implementing best practice standards in accordance with FASB & ECFA for calculating program, fundraising & administration costs.
- Determine and prepare monthly and annual journal entries for various allocation of costs.
- Assist with the creation, set up and editing of financial reports within the financial reporting software to meet the needs of end users.
- Assist with user set up & administration of Solver system.
8. Stewardship Reviews
- Assist in the stewardship review process for ministry partners which may include some travel required estimated up to 10% of the time.
9. Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Global Finance.
Responsible to: Director of Global Finance.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, and/or analysis.
- Strong computer skills are essential. Knowledge of MS Office products.
- Well-versed in Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint in order to create charts, graphs & presentations. Experience in Business Central and Solver a plus.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Must be able to communicate in a positive, professional, courteous and discreet manner.
- Must be able to handle all matters with the highest level of confidentiality.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules and policies.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate consistent attitude of cooperation.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional development of our employees. We are also Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying public service employer. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion because we feel it enriches us as an organization and reflects God’s love. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.