This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
Provide technical expertise, guidance, and support to users both in-person and remote. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems with PCs, laptops, and network connections. Respond to service requests submitted via problem-tracking software, telephone calls, email, voicemail, and verbal requests.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also, take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
- Configure, install, and setup PCs and laptops (hardware, operating system, network connection, and appropriate software.)
- Provide hardware technical support for PC, laptop, and network users (troubleshooting, client system maintenance, etc.).
- Provide software technical support (loading software, assisting with applications, email, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Install/relocate hardware, box and ship equipment, and work with cabling.
- Work with the Cisco Call Manager and Unity voicemail system, as needed, to support staff requests for adds, moves, and changes or other programming as directed by the Director of IT Technical Services.
- Assist with maintaining hardware inventory information in the asset management software.
- Assist with and provide technical expertise overall audio/visual (AV) equipment and provide support as needed. This will include setup, operation, and take down of A/V equipment as required throughout the organization and provide post-production support of audio and video files.
- Perform projects and tasks as directed by the Director of IT Technical Services.
- Work on special projects when not performing other Technical Support duties and as time permits.
Reports to: Director of IT Technical Services
Collaborates with: Senior IT Technician, Department leaders, HR, and all levels of staff across the organization
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- A combination of 5+ years of education and/or IT technical experience related to computer hardware and networking is required. A+, Net+, or CCNA Certifications are preferred.
- A strong background in using and configuring Windows 11 Pro, and Apple macOS operating systems for a Windows server environment.
- A strong background with using and configuring mobile operating systems such as Apple iOS and Android for the enterprise.
- An advanced understanding of using Microsoft Office 365 applications in a collaboration environment.
- A strong background in administering and troubleshooting WebEx Meetings in conjunction with WebEx Room Kits and other -SIP-based telepresence systems.
- A strong background with administering Apple mobile devices using JAMF PRO.
- High-level ability to utilize training and collaboration platforms such as WebEx and Zoom.
- Experience with rebuilding a PC with regard to reloading an operating system, reloading appropriate software, and reloading data files.
- An understanding of Cisco hardware and experience with Cisco firewalls, switches, access points, and IP phones.
- Ability to properly create ethernet networking cables.
- Working knowledge of network connectivity and IP addressing and the ability to troubleshoot network-related issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all levels of staff. Must have a customer service focus with a genuine desire to help users.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimal supervision; be highly organized and able to prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Position requires mobility and agility in an office and warehouse environment, including standing, bending, climbing ladders, lifting, and carrying up to 50 lbs. This position requires more physical activity than most office positions.
- Effective listening skills with a positive attitude, trainable and coachable with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel by land and air within the USA or internationally for multiple days at a time.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules, policies, and procedures.
- Perform duties efficiently, thoroughly, and responsibly, completing tasks on a timely basis.
- Hours on the job, punctuality, being a self-starter, and demonstrating a consistent attitude of cooperation.
- Perform tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional development of our employees. We are also Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying public service employer. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion because we feel it enriches us as an organization and reflects God’s love. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.